Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Food Plate
Today we talked quite a bit about nutrition in class. I learned that there is a new model of the food pyramid, as well as a completely new portrayal of the food groups by the use of a plate. I thought the new food pyramid was unnecessary and that while it was fairly informative, the pyramid shape served no purpose. The food plate seemed like a much more engaging representation of the food groups because it was based on something that kids are much more familiar with. I liked the way that the foods were categorized on the plate but a little more detail would have been nice. I think that using the food plate would be a good tool for teaching nutrition to students as it is easily adaptable to whatever needs a teacher may have.
Labels:
423
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment