Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Excitement for Math

For the TPA, I will be focusing on math in my main placement. Thus far, I have been a bit nervous about doing math in my main placement just because of the way that I have seen math taught so far. At this point, math in my main placement has been...uninspiring, to say the least. But as I'm getting closer to the point of being at my placement full-time and taking on more responsibilities in the class, I'm getting excited for taking over some of the math. At first I saw our math curriculum almost as a barrier between the students and their enjoyment of math. Now I'm approaching it from the viewpoint of using the curriculum as a guide but adapting it in a way that can be engaging and useful for the students. I think it will be a fun challenge to figure out how to enhance the math curriculum in a way that meets the needs of the students and instills an enjoyment of math in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment